"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New undies.



In the bathtub the other night, Isabel asked me:  "Momma, are my Minnie Mouse underwear ready to wear?"

(They were newly purchased and had finally made it to the laundry to be washed, and Isabel was really excited about wearing them, even though they are a size too big!)

I answered, "Yes, sweetie, they are ready!"

She replied, "Oh, I think I want to take them to show them!"

I stumbled, "Oh,..ummm...what do you mean, sweetie?  Show them where?"

Isabel, matter of factly: "At show and tell!"

Mommy:  "Hmmm....*choking back a laugh*....well, I don't think that would be very appropriate because underwear are private things....so we can't take them in to your class for show and tell."  (At this point, I turn away from her and crack up, silently of course!)

Isabel:  "Oh....what's private mean?"

And into the discussion of underwear and the parts they cover being "private", we went.

No comments: