"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Letter I

I is for Isabel! :)  Hooray! :)  We finally made it to "her" letter!



Here is what we did this week:

Painted with food colored ice....I loved this idea, but...the ice was cold, so she was not super-into it because it was too cold for her and even after I wrapped each ice cube in a paper towel she was still just mildly interested since the colors were not very bold.  Be sure to use watercolor paper!  It works so much better than regular paper for this project.  However, afterward we turned the art into the backdrop for her Letter I which we did with a bingo dabber.



Observed our colored ice melting....


Ate ice pops.....


Completed an insect adding worksheet (using insect stickers).


In the kitchen we baked Irish Soda Bread.


She made an igloo using cotton balls and a paper cup....this didn't turn out so great either.  I wanted to use marshmallows, but all we had were the multicolored ones.

We colored pictures of iguanas and did our Letter I tracing sheets.

She did an inchworm craft by coloring an inchworm picture.   Then we cut it out and glued it to a piece of scrapbook paper.  Then she collected various leaves and glued them on to the branch!


We went to the library and chose only books that began with the letter I or were letter I themed!  So we came home with a book about iguanas, insects, I-spy, Issac the Ice cream truck, I snack on igloos, etc.

I was also for itching....compulsive itching of her nose and all over her body began this week...not sure what to make of it yet, but if you look closely at her nose in some of the pictures you will see the areas that she has scratched! 

No comments: