Mmmmmmm....brownie, strawberries and banana drizzled with a creamy white sauce???? Yep, it's dairy-free and it's how Isabel has been living since February 23rd. I decided to put her on an elimination diet to see if removing a certain food would help her at all....
(Remember we have recently battled the strange finger rash and an unexplained night-only cough for over a month....on top of the whole failure to thrive and recent weight plateau.)
When the pediatrician still noted that it "looked like a food allergy" I decided to try the elimination diet and the first item that we've eliminated has been dairy.
So what has come of it? These are the things I've noted, and while they may be unrelated, I guess that remains to be seen once her dairy-free month is over and she goes back on dairy.
**She has only complained 2x since Feb. 23 of a stomach ache....(before she would say that her stomach hurt after nearly every meal).
**Her night cough is gone.
**Her eating has picked up SIGNIFICANTLY at nearly every meal.
**Her weight is up .4lbs from 30.2lbs to 30.6lbs...........we have been at a "high weight" of 30.2 for months.
**The dark circles under her eyes remain....some days they look much improved, some days they look worse.
So what does all this mean? I have no idea! After the month is up, I am planning on re-introducing dairy to see what happens. We've been keeping a food journal on her and I make as many notes as I can to try to document any changes that we notice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment