We met our friends at the Vollmer Farm Pumpkin Patch this past weekend and had our annual (okay, I can say annual since this was the 2nd year!) pumpkin picking!
This farm has the "Back 40", which is 40 acres of fun that you can't see from the front half of the farm. So Isabel never knew it existed. Rob and I were discussing the necessity of going to the "Back 40" which costs more than I think is reasonable...but then again, I'm kind of frugal. My point was that at 5 years old, Isabel enjoys the pure innocence of going out to the pumpkin patch and hand picking a pumpkin, then eating some homemade pumpkin ice cream on the porch, running around the "pumpkin house", rocking in a rocking chair and porch swing, even swinging on an old tire....she even said it that morning, "It is going to be the most fun! We get to go to the pumpkin patch today and choose our pumpkin!!"....there was such excitement in her voice, such pure innocent joy about the simple thing. My point was that keeping some traditions simple, is best. And kids don't really need all the extras.
Here's the Holmes Family keeping it simple :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment