"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter 2013!

I would like to say that I have lots of beautiful pictures of our family from Easter, but our Easter did not go exactly as planned.  As I'm trying to get everyone motivated to get Ian out of bed (as I am showering, putting on makeup, making blueberry muffins and coffee, etc.), I realize that it's 7:15am and we are planning on leaving for 9am Mass at 8am, so that we can be sure to get a seat.  Umm....yeah, 45 minutes to get Easter baskets, breakfast and clothes on???  Not.  Gonna.  Happen.

Eventually Rob and Isabel get Ian up and the kids come out to the dining room to find their Easter baskets.  Ian is not so sure about what to do with an Easter basket, and Isabel is just delighted with hers.  We kind of rush through baskets, so we can sit down to breakfast and Ian refuses to eat.  I tell him that he has to eat some blueberry muffin or banana to be able to get down from his chair.  When he refused to eat even the banana, I should have known something was up.  He took one small bite of blueberry muffin and after swallowing it, he threw up all over himself and the chair. 

At this point, I cannot believe that Easter morning is starting out this way, and should we take him to church at all, and who should stay home with him if he needs to stay home, and if one of us stays home will the other make it to a later Mass, and so much for an Easter egg hunt today!

We decide to set him in front of the tv, and give him his morning carnation instant breakfast "milkshake"....because if he's going to be really sick, then milk should show us if he's going to really be sick.  He drinks the shake and meanwhile we all continue to get ready.  He holds it down and seems okay, so I get him ready and off we go to church.  We got there just 15 minutes before Mass starts and there were PLENTY of places to sit!  I was astounded!  It's Easter!  Where was everyone??  I guess they were traveling or attended different Masses, because even after Mass had begun, I saw noone standing. 

Ian is pretty pathetic and wimpy during church, and I end up holding him almost the entire time, and he starts to feel pretty hot, but he is in a long-sleeve buttoned down shirt with a vest over it.....so it was hard to know for sure.   He makes it through Mass without any disaster and on the car ride home he is happy, chipper and laughing.  But once we get home, he throws up his curdled milkshake from the morning.  His temp was 100.4 and you could just tell he was starting to feel miserable. 

I clean up the curdled milk throw up, although apparently not well enough, because I can still smell it as I type....(ewww), and then I whip together the pineapple casserole that I was set to make for Easter dinner at Rob's mom's house.  There was no point in all of us missing Easter dinner, so Rob and Isabel left with the casserole while Ian napped.  He had motrin before he went to down for a nap, and he woke up in a much better mood with no more vomit for the rest of the day (thank you Lord!)- I'm just hoping that I don't wake up with it tomorrow.  It would not be fun to have a stomach bug 11 days before this baby is due.

So the lovely picture of our family of 4-soon-to-be-5 on Easter 2013 just doesn't exist.  Here is the best we could do:

From yesterday- Easter funfetti cupcakes iced and "jellybeaned" by Isabel :)
 
Isabel dying Easter eggs on Holy Saturday.
 
 
Easter baskets, a half-eaten cupcake for the Easter bunny, and Isabel's Easter picture for the Easter bunny.
 



Isabel in her Easter dress.


Me, in all my 38 weeks and 3 days of pregnant glory.  ;)

No comments: