"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

School work!

We've been schooling!  This has been a great year, and we are scheduled to finish up Isabel's 2nd grade year by the end of May.  Here are a few fun pics of some things we've been up to!

Volcano study




 
It was a volcano in the ocean, so we could discover how new islands are formed.





Valentine stained glass art.



Ian has been interested in doing "school work" too.  So I made him some cutting strips to sharpen up his scissor skills.... (did you catch the pun?) ;)

He loved this work so much that he filled half the tray with cuttings.  I was working to make cutting strips as fast as he could cut them.  I thought I would be making extras to do at a later time, but he wanted to cut everything that I made.  He used both hands and I thought he started to favor his right hand, but then at the end he switched back to left.  Still not sure if he's a lefty.



 
 Computer skills start early.  He is playing a connect the dots Christmas game.  It follows in either numerical order or alphabetical order, so he is learning both numbers and letters!
 




One to one correspondence to 5.  He does great with 1-3, but needs a little guidance with higher numbers.  This was a St. Patrick's Day theme.



Color sorting....still a favorite.
 


St. Patrick's Day dropper art.  Isabel made several of these.


 
Here is Ian's.



Feast of St. Joseph poster.  Isabel had made one of these in her preschool class about herself.  So we decided to make a "Tell Me About Yourself" poster for St. Joseph. 
Ian helped with this too.
 

 
 
C

No comments: