"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day 2010.

We had a very special Mother's Day this year.  Every year is special as I get to reflect on the wonderful blessing that Isabel and my heavenly babies are to me, and as I come to a better understanding of the blessing my own mother was and is for me.  It is remarkable to go through the love, challenges, tears and trials of raising a child and to realize that your own mother has gone through all of that for love of you.  Having your own child really allows you to come to a deeper understanding and appreciation of parental love and sacrifice.

So I got up and made homemade strawberry shortcake for Mother's Day breakfast.  I know, mothers aren't typically supposed to cook for themselves on Mother's Day, but I was really excited to prepare this for myself, so I didn't mind :)  And everyone enjoyed it!



Then we scrambled to make it to 9:30am Mass and afterwards went to Shelley Lake so Daddy could experience the fun that is feeding the geese (this was the second goose feeding episode from "G week").  Then we had some family playground time and then headed home for lunch.

What's that you say?? You want to see more video from the great goose feeding???
Okay, scroll down to the very bottom :)

After lunch we went to Falls Lake and walked along the water, enjoying nature and collecting smooth stones and opened clam shells from the lake.  We had a couple neat discoveries there including a turtle shell and 2 lizards (neither of which we could catch, sadly). 

After the lake, we headed over to Grandma's house and Rob cooked hamburgers for me, Grandma and Grandpa Holmes and Isabel.  It was a great end to the day!

No comments: