I realized I was not alone in homeschooling, or in my frustration! God is there every step of the way and He will give me the help, strength, patience and encouragement I need to best teach Isabel!
So I decided to pick up from our alphabet letter of the week review where we had left off at the beginning of the summer with the letter N. I've been incorporating projects/crafts/ideas/lessons I find offline with the Catholic Heritage Curriculum materials that I purchased for this school year.
We did our usual chalkboard words that begin with N, a Noah letter tracing page, "I can find" this letter which is like a scavenger hunt around the house for things that begin with the certain letter. We made our letter N out of newspaper, went for a nature walk and discovered nests, and collected nuts which she grouped according to size.
I was very excited to start the "Who Am I?" program from the Image of God series, which stresses the dignity of the individual as a person made in the image of God. It came with a preschool workbook, lots of crafts and supplemental ideas and of course some great lessons and more importantly easy-to-understand explanations for preschoolers! I'm loving this so far....it feels so good to know that she is getting some of the very basics of our faith in a formal but fun way.
There is so much we covered that I can't document it all...I'm so far behind on "keeping up with Isabel" that I've got to move on so I don't get further behind on this blog!! :) Bear with me!
1 comment:
Good luck this year! I always felt that the first week is the hardest too!
Post a Comment