It's hard to believe this was the last week of June! I am now 31 years old (yikes)! And this year is halfway over already! Isabel is 5 and 2 months and Ian will be three months old on Tuesday! Where is time going?
Anyway, this week I had signed Isabel up for vacation bible school at a local church (not the one we attend, since they don't offer VBS- what??). Wouldn't you know it, Isabel got a fever Sunday night, and held it Monday and Tuesday....it was up there too...102.7! She acted pretty normal until it got over 102. At first there were no other symptoms. Then Monday night she threw up when Rob gave her tylenol...I was expecting the vomitting to continue, but it didn't. The next day she had a "hurting tummy", by Wednesday she was pretty much back to normal. Thursday she finally got to go to VBS, and then Friday was the last day. I felt really bad that she missed almost the entire week, but I was so proud of her for going those last 2 days with such a good attitude! She didn't know anyone there, but did not hesitate at all to go inside and join in. Thankfully her VBS teacher seemed like a very friendly, grandmother/preschool teacher type and she made Isabel feel very welcome! She's already talking about going back next year (although she says it is "next week").
Today however, she has a runny nose, slight cough, stuffiness and she's losing her voice. I guess the fever wasn't just a fever after all.
Also this week, we took Ian to the pediatric dermatologist clinic at Duke on Wednesday. We had been sent there to check the birthmark that is on his head, although it is not easily noticeable with all that hair! ;) We were SOOOOO impressed with Duke's healthcare system compared to our experiences with UNC's hospital and healthcare. I just could not believe how amazing Duke was in comparison. We waited less than 5 minutes to be called back to the exam room and then less than 10 minutes before the doctor came in. Every staff member we spoke with was exceptionally nice. The doctor was very knowledgeable, confident and made us feel very comfortable. She thinks the birthmark is a nevus sebaceous; not anything to worry about, but we will have it removed in December. If left on his head, it can become pretty gnarly looking around puberty and also his hair does not grow over/on it. So he will have to go under, the procedure will take under an hour, and then he will go home with stitches and his head wrapped in a giant bandage. The doctor said these birthmarks are quite common and most parents choose to have them removed. So...that is in his future.
That pretty much rounds out the end of June...it feels like we now start barrelling toward Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
aww, i hate Iz was sick for VBS..Hailee and Hannah had such a blast at theirs! I'm sure there are others you could sign her up for. Slow down...i'm not ready for christmas!! ;)
Post a Comment