I made some homemade playdough (1 cup flour, 1/4 cup salt and water; mix together, no cooking necessary). We added green food coloring (Christmas tree color of course) and wallah! Note: This no-cook recipe results in a slightly "grainier" dough.
So I turned her loose with the playdough and a box of "ornaments": beads of various color, size and shape, some bendaroos, sparkly silver pipe cleaners cut into small pieces, sequins, etc.
She worked for over an hour on this! I couldn't believe how into it she was. And the most precious thing is that while she was decorating her tree, she told me it was an "offering to baby Jesus".......priceless (!) and melts my heart! She then proceeded to ask for some "real" playdough and made presents with tissue paper "bows" to put under the tree.
Wow...I was impressed! Thanks to Counting Coconuts for the clever idea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment